Tigo Family Care allows you and a registered family member to earn life insurance cover. Pay just 15Gp for 10 days = GHC 1.50 Your insurance cover will be paid in the event of you or your registered family member passing away. This service is available for all Tigo pre-paid subscribers.
How does it work?
- Register with any Tigo agent nationwide. Both of you must be in good health and between 18-69 years of age.
- To Activate, dial *550# and confirm your registration.
- Your policy will be activated the first day of the next month after you confirm your registration.
- Tigo will send you an SMS during the first week of every new month to show how much insurance you have earned for the month.
- If you do not receive the SMS, dial *550# and follow the prompts or call 550.
18-69 year olds
Terms of Cover
Policy lasts for a month and is renewable monthly based on full airtime deductions received and airtime usage per month. Partial payment of 0.75Gp in the month entitles you to an Xtra-Life partial cover
If the insured subscriber dies, the benefit is paid to the registered family member. If the registered family member dies, the benefit is paid to the insured subscriber.
You need to make a claim within 90 days of passing. Dial 550 to contact our customer hotline to confirm how to claim. You are required to bring your ID and that of the deceased as well as the death certificate / medical certificate or burial permit. Submit your documents at any Tigo Customer Service Centre. We pay claims within 72 hours of submission of complete documentation.
Dial *550# and follow the prompt.