The plan provides you with cash pay-outs when you are admitted to the hospital for a nights or more. Tigo pays you GHC 30 per night. You are charged 15Gp per day over a 10 day period. This service is available for all Tigo pre-paid subscribers. To be eligible, you should be between the ages of 18 and 59. Cover ceases at the age of 65.
How Tigo Hospital Insurance works?
- Register with any Tigo agent nationwide. You must be in good health and between 18-59 years of age.
- To Activate Dial *550# to confirm your registration.
- Deductions will start on the day after registration.
- Then your cover starts on the first day of the next month after registration.
- An SMS will be sent during the first week of every month to inform you on amount earned. If SMS is not received, call 550.
Terms of Cover:
Policy is renewable monthly based on full airtime deductions being received. Partial payment of GHC 0.75Gp in the month entitles you to 50% of the full cover (GHC 15 per night).
We pay out in cash via Tigo Cash after you have been discharged from hospital and submitted your claim.
You need to make a claim within 90 days of hospital admission. Contact our customer hotline on 550 to confirm how to claim. You will require your ID as well as documents showing date of admission and discharge endorsed by a Doctor (eg. excuse note, hospital invoice or a Tigo claims form). Submit your documents at any Tigo Customer Service Centre. We pay claims within 72 hours of submission of complete documentation.
Dial *550# and follow the prompt.
‘Managed by BIMA’ and ‘Underwritten by Prudential Life’.